Ron Pitts

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

HAWAIIAN STUFFS

Every so often I get a bug in my butt about continuing my blog. But that would require that I set a theme and follow some sort of script ...of sorts.

Sorta...




I mean, there a lot of things that I may or may not do,  say or keep quite about or act in anyway regarding stuff that happens on a daily basis that are a totally without merit and not worthy of anyones' consideration.

Say that gem of a phrase to yourself ...once a day ....until you believe it and then the days become so much easier.

Anyway, this is a theme I call “Hawaiian”.

Simple, straightforward, no-nonsense and impossibly hard to misidentify ...stuff.

So here - in these pages (or packets or whatever the kids call these images) are a product of my years on Maui and Hawaii in general.... Ahhh, no.. just Maui. I want to show you some of the things that intrigue me here on the Rock.

Besides, the winters coming and maybe you need a break...

WHATEVER....


Here are a couple of pieces I did to get the motor running like a one cylinder "Go-No-Go"stroker on a skanky little gaff rigged staysail schooner pleading to pull itself off the rocks. 

I needed a break from all the chicks and rock'n'roll and 'stuff' that had nothing to do with Hawaii whatsoever. 

I was in vortex of "I'll do nothing Hawaaian" nonsense. I wasn't dissing the Hawaiians, Not at all! The opposite was true. I was trying NOT to diss my native M'ikmaq New England connections.  But where in the name of Fred the Farmer does it say a CANOE isn't a primal means of native transportation? The outriggers at the canoe clubs here on the south shore beat the sense out of dolphins wearing Leis and leaping into the sunsets. Outrigged canoes are manmade weapon/transport systems.

How cool is that? 

Heh heh heh... I'm a M'ikmaw indian paying a tribute to both Maui and Algonquin cultures!
 The exception would be the indigineous clothing in December!



NAP ...ANYONE?


The other dynamic to suviving in Maui is the "Chill it and be there". The best way to accomplish that is th take a polynesian 'siesta' in the loving glove of natural slumber... a HAMMOCK in the ocean breeze. A lovely place to be at peace, a hammock. 

Too bad I can't find a cohort.


HMMMMM.... nice!






The above two are really not all that Hawaiian but the 'locale' is. I find the memories of my past slip in under the doorstep and invade my sleep. The result is a drift toward the little suggestive nympths of the night and I come up with these.... a LOT!



Can't leave that thought without a salute to the girl who never became. Heather Marie. Sometimes the things that don't happen make the impossible inevitable and then, after a fashion, something you cannot do without. 
It just takes time to see.







Well, the LIFEGUARD is off duty now so I will wish you all a nice time here, Feel free to visit my website at < www.mauiartistronpitts.com >.

I'll be back soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment